Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ice Cream Gallery















Photos: Jeremy (my eating partner) looking gleefully; the outlet at valley point;
On the right: Strawberry cheesecake, Rum and Raisin ice cream

Ice Cream Gallery is probably one of my favourite Ice-Cream shops right now, along with Tom's Palette. Their ice cream is very flavourful and has a nice rich creamy consistency, and makes for yummy eating.
They have two branches - the main branch is at Valley Point, Cold Storage, along River Valley Road opposite the Esso petrol kiosk, where the Jervois Road turning is. The other branch is for the easties at Eastwood Centre, located off Bedok Road.
They are famous for their local flavours - one of my friends is such a regular of their 'soursop' that the auntie always knows what she wants everytime she goes there. But yeah at valley point I really do adore their 'Gula-Melaka with Red Bean'. It is so fragrant with the taste of good gula melaka interspersed with red-bean, it really tastes like Chendol in ice-cream form. Nice. Their durian ice-cream, made with D24 icecream, is superb as well, very rich and fragrant and full of bittersweet durian.

The last time I went I had this super good flavour, Strawberry Cheesecake. Swirls of decadent tangy strawberry and the "biscuity" layers of cheesecake, flavoured with a bit of salty caramel (I think) which lifted the whole palate, and the entire thing was very very deliciously yummy. Creamy too.

And if I can recall, the Rum and Raisin here beats all places flat. Very smooth, with the flavours blending together well, the raisins soaked in nice rum. probably the best rum and raisin in singapore. (don't even think about udders).

Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

YuJing said...

Spoons, I wanna go!