Monday, January 18, 2010

Marutama Ramen, Central


Tried this famous Ramen in Central, Marutama Ramen. It is known for being one of the few ramen shops in Singapore to serve ramen with chicken broth, instead of the usual pork broth. I went in there ravenous on a hungry Monday afternoon after class to try out this famous ramen. So I ordered the "Nama Ramen" with a Tamago (half-boiled egg), and it came pretty fast. So how did it taste?

Very thin, springy noodles, Hakata style, as opposed to the more curly Santouka style. good, firm texture. The soup was very addictive. Quite flavourful, tasty, tasting of savoury chicken broth with just enough spiciness for my liking. The egg was good too. I was quite impressed.
(7.5/10)

Don't ask me how this compares to Santouka because honestly it is very hard to compare unless you realy put them side by side. Just take it from me that it's pretty good.

No comments: