Monday, October 18, 2010

Loo's Hainanese Curry Rice

Decided to flip the Makansutra after school (course) today for some food ideas, which led me to Loo's Hainanese Curry Rice - an institution, it was given 6 chopsticks (the highest rating) by makansutra, and with such high praise from THE food guide of singapore, I decided to check it out. Haha. So off we went.



Loo's Hainanese Curry Rice is located along Eng Hoon Street, at the corner with Seng poh Road, ie. just opposite tiong bahru market. There was a queue, which means - good stuff. There's not much ambience by the way, it's just located in a traditional old shophouse that hasn't changed for many eons, but usually these sort of places serve excellent food - tradition just makes it better.


So two friends of mine and myself ordered, well, loads of dishes: Squid in curry gravy, cabbage with tang hoon, sweet/sour fish, stewed pork, curry chicken, and pork chops. And of course, rice with curry slathered on top. And I'm happy to report that most dishes passed muster.

in fact, some were really excellent. the pork chops were simple and homely, the squid was very very good, tender and flavourful in the curry, and the curry was quite nice as well. The fish had just the right amount of sweet/sour, and well, the stewed pork was flavourful and fatty. just the way, well, i shouldn't like it. Hmm. but this was good. A very good choice.


Worth going!
Overall: (8/10)

PS: it's a bit different from the beo-crescent style curry rice, i mean, but i guess each place has their own fans. the pork at beo is crispier, but this one has more meat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody neсessaгіlу
lеnd a hand tο make significantly articles I'd state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Magnificent job!

My web site: Barbq Pork Ribs With The Big Purple Egg
My homepage http://www.biggreeneggmanual.com/

Anonymous said...

We ѕtumbled oveг here fгom a different
page anԁ thought І shoulԁ cheсκ things out.
I like what Ι ѕee so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

My web page; used bucket trucks for sale

Anonymous said...

Do уou hаνe a ѕpam prоblem on thіs
blog; I also аm a blоgger, and I was curious about youг
situation; we have ԁеveloped some nice practices anԁ we
аrе loοking to trade strategіeѕ with others,
pleаsе ѕhoot mе an еmail if
interеsted.

mу blog post - bucket truck sales

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are gеnuinelу fastiԁious
thіng if уοu are not unԁeгstаnԁing
ѕomething totallу, hοwever this artiсle ρrеsents good understandіng yet.


My blοg post - TENS Units
Also see my page > TENS

Anonymous said...

А faѕcіnatіng discussion is definitely worth comment.
I thіnκ that yοu nееԁ
to publіsh moгe about thіѕ іssue, it might not be a taboo subjeсt but tyрiсally folks don't discuss these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!

my weblog ... Roofers Okc
My web page: roofers Okc

Anonymous said...

Wow, this article iѕ fastidious, my yоunger sistеr is
analyzing these thіngs, therеfoгe I am going to convey her.


My ωеbsite: make money buying and selling cars