Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baliwag Lechon Manok

I just came from the gym, and I guess I was too hungry to walk to my car [at tanjong pagar], so I decided to pop by Lao Pa Sat for a quick bite - and I stumbled upon a long queue at about 9.30pm at this stall called Baliwag Lechon Manok - So, what the hell, I decided to give it a shot. Roast chicken was just the thing, and from the Phillippines some more. And boy am i glad I decided to try it instead of going for tried and tested ramen or some other place - it was awesomely delicious. Half a roast chicken, some cauliflower, and rice - perfect after-gym food. The roast chicken was just so flavorful in its own juices and the breast meat was deliciously moist and everything - and the skin had the perfect combination of sweet, savoury, and all the malliard reactions giving it a nice charred roast flavour that just made you crave for more. It went down in a jiffy and it didn't need any of the accompanying sauce. The cauliflower was very tasty, and so was the beef sauce slathered on my rice.

Really - now you can get really good food at lao pa sat! (9/10). Moreover, it's pretty value for money: the above set me back only 14 dollars.

No comments: