Thursday, March 29, 2012

Maison Fatien Revisited - Coq Au Vin

Maison Fatien is starting to become one of my favourite places to eat French food in Singapore. Very authentic place, run by a Burgundy company who also runs a inn in Beaune, Burgundy - it's just as good and authentic as it gets. 

I've blogged about the place before, but with each repeat visit i try different things and thus, as you're only as good as each new dish, you know, definitely the ratings go up or down with each new dish you try.

Here I had the escargots - these were competently done, with loads of garlic and butter. To be fair , I'm not so keen on escargots as i find them pretty tasteless, really. (7/10)



The Coq au Vin, the Cocotte of the day, was excellent excellent stuff, probably the best Coq Au Vin I've had in a long time. Very very authentic tasty traditional dish, Coq Au Vin, i.e. chicken in red wine, was absolutely brilliant. Here there were wild mushrooms and chanterelles, onions, and of course the chicken, all cooked in an earthly, rich and savoury red wine broth which had been mixed with the chicken stock to create that musky, earthly stew that is so delicious. Each mouthful was just rich with umami and with an earthiness that comes from the ground - so Burgundian. Lovely. (9/10).

These two dishes are just excellent. Must try! We downed everything with a lovely Pouilly-Fume, 2010. Just delicious. 



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I would possibly like this website.
He used to be entirely right. This publish actually made
my day. You cann't believe simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

my web blog ... make money at home online

Anonymous said...

I pay a quick visit daily some blogs and sites to read articles or reviews, except
this website provides quality based articles.


Take a look at my weblog - http://moodletrainer.com/wiki/index.php?title=Elvis_Business_Checks_Related_Articles

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web
site is excellent, let alone the content!

my page; coffee shops

Anonymous said...

Hiya very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .
. I'll bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally? I'm satisfied to find so many useful information here within the submit, we'd like work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

My homepage - Suggested Internet page

Anonymous said...

If some one wants expert view concerning running a blog afterward i
suggest him/her to pay a quick visit this webpage, Keep up the nice job.


Look at my site http://tslabs.info/wiki/index.php?title=Discount_Designer_Clothing_Websites:_Reasonably_Priced_Clothing

Anonymous said...

Hi, the whole thing is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's in fact fine, keep up writing.

Here is my web blog - http://wiki.emsky.net/index.php?title=User:GudrunVal

Anonymous said...

What's up colleagues, how is everything, and what you desire to say on the topic of this article, in my view its really awesome for me.

Feel free to visit my webpage: Going at www.Jamoramareviewexposed.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog post. I absolutely love this site. Stick with it!


Here is my homepage :: http://www.carolinegranado.com/spring-clothing-trends-for-teenagers/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.