Monday, August 6, 2012

Tao Xiang Kitchen

Tao Xiang Kitchen is a little non-descript Hong Kong style stall located in a coffee shop at Sixth Avenue and which was emphatically reviewed by ieatishootipost some time back. I have always eaten at this place since it was near my old school and when my friends ate Aston's which is just opposite, if I craved local food then I would eat the roasted meats here. 


I was originally intending to eat the Mee Pok at the coffee shop nearby, but that place was closed, so I went to Tao Xiang Kitchen instead. No regrets - I ordered the Roasted Duck Noodles with Shrimp Dumpling Soup, which satisfied me immensely. 

The Roasted Duck Noodles (as can be seen from the not-so-nice photo) was delicious - springy noodles, with the duck having enough marinade to make it tasty enough albeit a bit salty. The skin wasn't too crisp however, probably since it was already the end of the day. (7.25/10)
The Shrimp Dumplings were awesome though - very good stuff, with some ingredients that one doesn't commonly find in Shrimp Dumplings, namely some white fungus which gave it some additional crunch. Good stuff (8/10)


Good place to eat if you're in the west or around the area. 

No comments: