Monday, November 26, 2012

Hui Ji Fish Ball Noodles

This place (Hui Ji Fish Ball Noodle . Yong Tau Foo) serves one of my favourite meepok tars in Singapore,  and was recommended to me by the most famous food blogger in Singapore, Leslie Tay of ieatishootipost. Too bad it only opens until 2pm every day, so I can only come on a weekend (Saturday morning) to have my meepok tar fix.
But what a good meepok tar it is! Absolutely scrumptious. The chilli has the nice savouriness about it that comes from using good hae-bi, and the balance of the chilli, the sweetness, with a bit of sour, and with the hae-bi, was just perfect. And loads of crispy hae bi at the bottom for extra flavour and crunch. The meepok was also done perfectly textured -  al dente, not overcooked. I would say the noodles alone deserve (8.5/10), since you really cannot find alot of good meepok nowadays.
The yong tau foo soup that accompanied it was good as well - quite a savoury stock with a good natural sweetness about it, although it's not as flavourful as say the ones from Tanjong Pagar Food Centre and you can't choose your own ingredients. However it was competent: (7.5/10) I also loved the homemade fish balls. It was so good that I came back the next week - see the two photos for the difference between last week and this week. 
My appetite has been sorely whet just thinking of this mee pok tar. Too bad today's only Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UFS mining shelters include the Rapid-Span, Supa-Span, and Alu-Span range of products, these structures are all easily disassembled and cartable making them excellent for
interim facilities with resale options. Jundee brought up US$400 million of gold property alone, while
Bronzewing, at this time owned by Navigator Strategies Ltd.

Once the timeframe reaches 0 to X minutes, the star is about
to land.

Anonymous said...

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see if
it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it
with someone!

Look at my web-site - fat loss factor