Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Revolution Coffee @ Portsdown














A foodie friend of mine told me about this coffee joint located at Portsdown road where she said one could get Single Origin coffee beans (the shop in Sydney, not a kind of bean). I happened to be looking for a coffee joint around the area - and so off I went in search of Revolution Coffee. It's not that easy to find, as it's located in Media circle - in fact it's actually located at the first floor of Infinite Studios, which is a big black building. 






You hop in, and you're greeted by very tastefully done, artistic decor; an industrial feel, somewhat, though not too industrial; in fact the place reminds me quite a lot of Ninth Street Espresso in NYC; the same kind of vibe. There's quirky touches like local art painted by some local artists; as well as a myriad of sketches and drawings. 

In the photos below you'd be able to see what I'm talking about. The cool interior extends to slogans such as "in caffeine we trust". 













I tried the reservoir road blend from Single Origin bean that day as an espresso and my word it was delicious - a very clean cup; fruity, bursts of flavour; of "stone fruits" (although to be honest I thought I tasted orange), and a clean finish. Definitely 8.5/10 or higher. 

As a cappuccino it was nice too - but well some of the nice flavours were rounded off as a cap. Still good though!



















I can't wait to hear what other beans they're bringing in - they feature guest roasts from various coffee roasters in Singapore and the day I went the guest bean was a blend from Smitten.


One of the best new places in Singapore! And no, they are not related to Papa Palheta.






No comments: