Thursday, November 7, 2013

Foong Kee Coffee Shop

Foong Kee has been well-renowned as one of the top roast meat places to go to in Singapore and being thefoodieinme, it was actually quite sad and a tad surprising that I haven't been able to try it yet, or I just didn't have the chance to. Hence, I met a friend of mine yesterday afternoon to try what they had to offer. It's in a really old-school coffeeshop, a throwback to the past, but in these kinds of places you're really looking for ambience - you're allowing the food to speak for itself, and boy did it speak!














I ordered 3 types of meat with noodles and everything was good: the char siew was tender, the roast pork had a good crackling and the duck well brined and flavoured through with generous use of five spice powder. Certainly a good roast duck although I would have preferred more skin - but that's just picking at skin straws. The noodles were quite QQ and done well, and the braising sauce had a good savouriness to it.

I would certainly come back again- food's delicious and pretty reasonable. 8/10

PS: i was still full 7 hours after. Haha.


No comments: