Monday, November 25, 2013

Moosehead Kitchen and Bar

Moosehead kitchen and bar (Telok Ayer Street) is fast becoming one of my favourite restaurants where I can eat well without breaking the bank. I bumped into Z at the gym and I decided to head to Moosehead to eat some dinner and to catch up.

The Burratina was absolutely delicious - this was warm toasted bread with cold burrata, basil oil, olive oil, and tomatoes - the flavours mixed perfectly and so well, so flavourful and tasty and enlivened by the fruitiness of that olive oil. The tartness of the tomatoes cut through the creaminess of the burrata. Delicious! (8.5/10)

We next had a roasted eggplant with capers - I didn't quite fancy that since I don't particularly like eggplant but this was a good effort. (6.75/10)

The third dish was another winner - the grilled octopus with heirloom tomatoes and potatoes. Delicious, char-grilled octopus was full of flavour and very tender, and paired with some paprika-spiced sauce with heirloom tomatoes and the potatoes. Everything melded together beautifully with the sweetness of the tomatoes cutting through the saltiness of the octopus. Again, great job. (8.5/10)

Again, I would have to say that the food at Moosehead is excellent. Can't wait to go back to try all the dishes!

(PS: No photos: my camera died)

No comments: