Monday, November 11, 2013

SPR.MKRT's Flourless Chocolate Cake


I don't usually wax lyrical over desserts, but I must say that the Flourless Chocolate Cake at SPRMKRT (Mcallen Street) is really good! The Flourless Chocolate Cake had a great texture - full of chocolate and little bits of ground nuts (almonds, I believe) which gave it some bite and variety in texture. The taste was spot on at all, not too sweet nor bitter, and with a wonderful taste of chocolate and almonds. Delicious and I would certainly go back for it (8.25/10). Only thing is that it's rather pricey but oh well.

PS: I hear the truffle fries are great as well. Wow.

(PS: SPRMKRT is really SUPERMARKET without the vowels - but unfortunately it sounds weird when you pronounce it without the vowels. Try it! ;))

No comments: