Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sea Urchin Pasta from Cugini

It's been a while since I visited Cugini which was some years ago, when I was still in university, and it's nice to know that the place still retains its charm of being a homely friendly Italian place which serves really authentic food.  You know the place is authentic when even the waitresses are Italian.
I ordered the special of sea urchin pasta which was excellent. The first thing I notice was the lovely al dente texture of the pasta. Most places in Singapore feature pasta that's too soft, but the one here was perfect- al dente and with a firm bite. It was a joy to eat, paired with the umami from the sea urchin which coated the spaghetti nicely, with just enough sauce to do the trick.

Excellent and I will certainly come back to try some of the other pastas. (8.5/10)

No comments: