Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Lawn @ AXA Tower

I have paid many visits to The Lawn, a salad place located at AXA Tower (near my office) - whenever I feel that I want some salads and some good meats, and I don't want to fall asleep after lunch in the office. The concept is simple: "Meat your greens!" It's a pretty witty pun, I must say, that succinctly explains what the Lawn is all about. Basically, you choose a salad, and you top it up with a grill which is freshly done on the spot. It's a great way to feast without any carbs: meat + veggies! 

Out of all the grilled items, my favourites are the Cajun Chicken (I had it today - it was awesome), Chicken Breast with Herbs, and Ben's beef rub. The prawns are not bad, too; but I like the chicken loads because it's incredibly tender for chicken breast and retains the moisture of the juices (the beef, made with sirloin, is great too - very flavourful).

For salad, they have the usual garden greens, plus a choice of 5 toppings: I usually go for the onion, bell peppers, olives, and perhaps sliced egg. And the cool thing is their choice of homemade dressings - some of which are pretty funky. I'm a pretty boring person, so I usually stick to the same old choices: I particularly like Me So Spicy which has a thai-style chilli kick which enlivens the entire palate; and the ginger dressing which name eludes me now.

Certainly an excellent salad place when I'm feeling unhealthy and in need of some greens!


No comments: