Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tiong Bahru Galicier Pastry

I have heard so many things about this place, and so when I visited Foodie Marketplace to pick up some meats, I figured that it was time I visited to see what the fuss was about. Tiong Bahru Galicier Pastry is a traditional cake shop selling nonya kuehs, and all of them were made in-house, and so out of curiosity I picked out the Kueh Dadar and the Kueh Salat - and I was really pleasantly surprised about how good they were. The kueh dadar (coconut stuffed in pandan) was exceptionally light and very fragrant, and none too sweet; the kueh salat was delicious as well, fragrant glutunous rice and delicious pandan custard. And later on, a fresh batch of tapioca cake came out and I had some of those as well; wow, they were superb. Delicious texture and not too sweet, very fragrant. I hope this place keeps going! (8.5/10)


No comments: